Although Blumira does not natively integrate with Slack, there are two different options that you can use to send Blumira notifications to Slack. This article explains how to configure both.
Before you begin
Before you can configure Blumira to send notifications in Slack, you must obtain the email address for your Slack account. Depending on which tier of Slack you are using, notifications can be sent via Slack Bot or via Installed Email App.
Reference: See Send emails to Slack for more information.
Example of using Slackbot on all plans:
Example of the installed Email App on paid plans:
Sending notifications using scheduled reports
You might find it beneficial to send all regularly-scheduled reports to a Slack channel. To send notifications about scheduled reports:
- In the Blumira app, in the menu on the left, click Reporting.
- Click Scheduled Reports.
- In the row for the report that you want to send to a channel, click Edit Report.
- In the Recipients box, paste the email address that you copied in previous steps and then click Save.
Sending notifications for all Blumira findings
To send a notification in a Slack channel for all Blumira findings:
- In the Blumira app, in the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click Add New User.
- Type a name for the user (e.g., SLACK) in the First Name and Last Name boxes.
- In the Email box, paste the email address that you copied in previous steps.
- From the Roles in list, select Monitor.
- From the Locations list, select the location that you want to use, and then click Save Changes. The user, by default, receives notifications about all Blumira findings, which then appear in Slack.