Cylance provides an API that allows the Bumira platform to retrieve event data. Once Cylance’s logs are integrated with Blumira, our cloud-delivered platform provides end-to-end automated threat detection, analysis, and response with correlated data from across your entire environment. If you are using Cylance, please follow this guide to gather your Cylance credentials and configure Blumira to begin ingesting Cylance data.
Before you begin
This integration requires a Blumira sensor to be installed before you can complete the steps below. Ensure that you complete the steps in Building a Blumira sensor with Ubuntu before you continue.
Next, obtain the Tenant ID, Cylance Application ID, and an Application Secret via your Cylance Console.
To obtain your Cylance credentials:
- Log in to the Cylance Console as an administrator.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations.
Click Copy next to the Tenant ID field. Keep this information ready for later steps.
- Click Add Application.
- Type Blumira in the Application Name field.
Select the READ check box next to any or all of these event types:
- Memory Protection
Note: Only the three types listed above are supported by Blumira.
- Click Save.
- Record the Cylance Application ID and Application Secret to use in later steps.
Providing API credentials to Blumira
Next, configure your existing Blumira sensor with a new module to connect to the Cylance API using the credentials you obtained in previous steps.
To add a module on an existing sensor and provide credentials:
- In Blumira, click Settings.
- Click Sensors.
- Click the sensor on which you want to add a module.
- On the detail page for the sensor, scroll down and click Add Module.
- In the Add New Module window, select the relevant module.
- Enter the credentials that you gathered in previous steps.
- (Optional) Type a name for this log deployment in the Log Source Name box.
Note: Use alphanumeric characters, periods, and hyphens. Spaces and underscores are not allowed. This name will appear in the "device_address" column in the results of your event data queries. If you add more modules to collect logs for other integrations, this name will help you to identify them.
- Click Install.